Mindfulness-Based Contemplative Counselor (HPG)
Integrating western psychotherapy, neuroscientific understanding, somatic approaches, and the wisdom of Buddhist psychology & mindfulness practices - I offer counseling & trainings to individuals online.
- 100 € / Sitzung
- Sliding Scale 100€-130€ / Regular:/ - 115 €
- Higher Income - 130 €
3 Jahre bei It's Complicated
I have spent my career caring for and meeting with those most in need - from teenagers to adults with diverse mental health and life challenges. My passion is being there for others, with warmth, non-judgementalness, openness, empathy, and humor.
Born to a Mexican father and German mother, I grew up moving across the globe - spending my youth between Mexico, Brazil, the United States, and Germany. I know from experience that change, healing, relief, and that sweet elusive "peace" we all long for (a simple heart at rest) takes time, patience, perseverance, willpower, endurance, and most importantly perhaps: allies.
As a therapist it is my hope that I can be such an ally to you. The kind you've always longed for, the kind we all long for: understanding, warm, present, and unconditional.
Awake to the ever-shifting, vibrantly alive world around us, we find our ground and belonging in the natural ebb and flow of life.
Mindfulness-Based Contemplative Counseling/Psychotherapy offers a holistic and practical awareness & somatic based approach to exploring and transforming our relationship to our inner and outer worlds. Through facilitated and guided attention to embodied sensation, emotion, & thought, individuals become more attuned and aware of the ever-shifting state of their bodies and minds - while learning to gently cope with & befriend the full range of human experience.
Working with a Mindfulness-Based Contemplative Counselor can increase your ability to:
- gain stability & grounding in your own being amid the challenges of everyday life
- understand your suffering & your personal coping mechanisms, adopting new habits & disentangling yourself from repetitive, unhelpful, or destructive mental patterns
- authentically feel & be connected with your own emotions, without judgement, fear, shame, or overwhelm
- feel more at home in your body, calming your nervous system & chattering mind
- look at the psychological dynamics in you & others, increasing your understanding, wisdom, & compassion
- gain critical insight into the broader systemic, social, and environmental contexts that are shaping your experience - removing the weight of the blame from the individual
- wake up your senses & reconnect to the alive world around you
Helping you to better navigate the stresses of living with symptoms such as:
- anxiety or compulsive thinking
- overwhelm, stress, burnout
- sadness, depression, or mood disorders
- difficulties in relationships
- life transitions & challenges
- isolation, loneliness
- loss of a sense of meaning or purpose in life
- secondary traumatization/ empathic distress
- ecological grief & climate anxiety
- & more
If you are curious, give it a try, and let me guide & accompany you in finding an anchor and ground amid the storms and challenges of life, inside the basic clarity, calm, and freedom of your own mind.
Find Out More On My Website: www.mindful-ground.com
Qualifikationen und Erfahrungen
- Advanced Training in Counseling and Integrative Psychotherapy (Paracelsus School Berlin), 2009
- B.A. in Social Work (Alice Salomon University Berlin), 2012
- M.A. in Intercultural Conflict Management, Human Rights & Peacebuilding (Alice Salomon University Berlin), 2014
- Mindfulness-Based Emotional Intelligence Facilitator Training - (Prison Mindfulness Institute, USA), 2015
- Professional Mindfulness Teacher Training (Engaged Mindfulness Institute, USA), 2018
- Licensed to practice as a Counselor under the German Heilpraktiker-Law since 2019 (Heilpraktikerin begrenzt auf das Gebiet der Psychotherapie)
- Mindfulness-Based Contemplative Psychotherapy (currently in training at the Nalanda Institute of Contemplative Science), 2020
- Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy Certificate (The Embody Lab, USA) - 2022
- other courses & studies completed in: Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Suicide Prevention, Addiction Recovery, Crisis Intervention, Self-Harm as a Coping Mechanism and Symbol of Survival, Sexual Education, Migration Trauma and Identity, Buddhist Psychology & Psychotherapy.
- Mindfulness Based Psychotherapy & Mindfulness Mentorships - Online & in Person (since 2019)
- Mondlicht24 - Therapeutic Home for Young Women with Eating Disorders and Complex Trauma (2019-2020)
- Meditation & Mindfulness Teacher at Bodhicharya Berlin (2018-2019)
- Evin e.V. - Counseling and Social Work with Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (2015-2019)
- HeadNap GmbH - Mindfulness & Mental Health Portal (2015)
- BZFO - Berlin Center for the Treatment of Torture Victims - Out-Patient Department for Adults (2011-2012)
- Hydra e.V. - Counseling Center for Sex Workers (2009)
- KOK e.V. - German Nationwide Organisation Combating Human-Trafficking and Violence Against Migrant Women (2008-2009)