Psychotherapist & Psychoanalyst in training under supervision
I am an English and Croatian-speaking psychoanalyst based in Vienna, Austria. My approach to therapy is to create a safe space where you can find freedom to tell your story and understand yourself better.
I am a psychotherapist in training under supervision, specialising in psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Currently, I am based in Vienna, Austria, completing my psychotherapy training and working in private practice.
I come from Croatia, where I completed part of my training by studying and working in a psychiatric setting focused on group and individual psychotherapy treatment and rehabilitation of patients with chronic depression, psychoses, and personality disorders. The remaining part of my training takes place in Vienna, where I have worked in an outpatient clinic and private setting. My experience here involves the treatment of people with diverse and international backgrounds focusing on issues of anxiety, depression, stress, and trauma. These include the topics of relationship and family issues, migration, adjustment, and transgenerational transmission of trauma through experiences of war and domestic violence.
As a member of the Austrian Federal Association for Psychotherapy (ÖBVP), I continue my education by regularly attending further training, seminars, conferences, and supervisions.
"All sorrows can be borne if you put them into a story or tell a story about them. But if we cannot find a way of telling our story, our story tells us- we dream these stories, we develop symptoms, or we find ourselves acting in ways we don't understand.“ ― Stephen Grosz
The psychoanalytic approach or psychoanalytic psychotherapy is a talking therapy based on you telling whatever comes to your mind (thoughts, feelings, ideas, (day)dreams, body sensations.) Such a method helps us uncover and bring to awareness the patterns in our behaviour, emotions and relationships and understand how they influence one another. Many people come to therapy feeling their past has a painful hold on their lives or they feel lost in their present or uneasy about the future. This kind of therapy offers a safe space where you can:
- explore how your past and present experiences are connected;
- understand yourself better;
- identify and cope with things that can not be changed;
- have an outlet and find relief.
The psychoanalytic psychotherapy approach derives from theories of psychoanalysis.
Before starting psychotherapy, we first schedule a consultation - this is an interview where we discuss a suitable therapy model per your motivation to begin one. During this time, you can ask me anything regarding the therapy process or share your ideas or expectations of psychotherapy and me as your potential psychotherapist. If we both can imagine working together, we discuss and decide on the therapy setting (frequency of the sessions) and psychotherapy contract (under what rules we both approach and enter the therapy process.)
Qualifications and experience
Sigmund Freud University, Vienna
Bachelor & Master degree in Psychotherapy Science (Psychoanalysis)
(2015 - 2023)
Psychoanalytische Seminar Innsbruck (PSI), Innsbruck
Psychoanalytic Fachspezifikum & Training
(2018 - 2023)
Psychiatric Hospital “Sveti Ivan”, Zagreb
Psychotherapy training & Internship
Tavistock and Portman Clinic, London
External education (Trauma psychotherapy)
(2021 - 2023)
- assisted as the mental health worker at project Ute Bock, Vienna
- worked as an assistant at Sigmund Freud Outpatient Clinic in Vienna, processing administrative and research tasks, conducting psychological testings and allocating patients to psychotherapy
- worked as a translator at Sigmund Freud Outpatient Clinic in Vienna, translations of psychotherapy, first interviews and documentation
- assisted and worked as a psychotherapist at Psychiatric Hospital "Sveti Ivan" in Zagreb, Croatia at departments specialised for treatment of personality disorders and psychoses
- worked as a psychoanalyst in training under supervision at Sigmund Freud Outpatient Clinic in Vienna
- work in private practice (in person and online) in Vienna, Austria