With over 20 years of experience as a psychotherapist I am specialized in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Gestalt Therapy and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
With over 20 years of experience as a psychologist I have worked with both inpatient and outpatient populations in Luxembourg, New York, Berlin and India. After specializing in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium through my PhD coursework, I moved to New York, United States where I specialized in Gestalt Therapy and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and built a private practice. In my career I have provided psychotherapy to a variety of populations, mainly clients working through cultural transitions , addictions, anxiety, phobia, depression, personality disorders, relationship issues, life transitions and domestic violence. My research, professional and personal experience made me familiar with working with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.
In my private practice I combine cognitive-behavioral and gestalt therapy based on a developmental framework of object relationship theory. I aim to reduce symptomatology while helping my clients work through life long patterns and move beyond emotional blocks.
I believe in the importance of the client -therapist relationship.
Successful psychotherapeutic relationships happen in a supportive, confidential environment where the client is provided with tools and a new vision that gives potential for change and growth in work, relationships and other areas of life.
I also specialize in trauma and PTSD and incorporate EMDR in my practice. Having had yoga teacher training in New York and deepened my understanding of yoga in India I use and teach breathing, mindfulness as needed.
I believe in the importance of the client -therapist relationship. Successful psychotherapeutic relationships happen in a supportive, confidential environment where the client is provided with tools and a new vision that gives potential for change and growth in work, relationships and other areas of life.
Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai Campus, Chennai, India
Candidate Phd in Psychology, 2016
Universitätsmedizin Charite, Berlin, Germany
MSc in Public Health, International Gender Studies, 2011
Gestalt Associates of Psychotherapy, New York, USA
Clinical Fellowship Program in Gestalt Therapy, 2008
Universite Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
PhD Course Work in Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy, 1996
Middle East Technical Univerisity, Ankara, Turkey
BS in Psychology, 1991
• Conducted clinical assessments in medical, and social services environments, as well as in private practice.
• Provided clinical assessments of clients from a wide range of cultural
backgrounds and ages, to determine their need for services.
• Provided short-term counseling, assisting clients in problem solving and developing problem solving skills.
• Provided problem solving with clients to assess their needs for treatment and referrals, in medical settings and social service agencies.
• Conducted and participated in individual, family and group psychotherapy sessions and crisis interventions; assisted in the planning, implementation and evaluation of care delivered.
• Provided clinical assessments and participated in the development of and revisions to treatment and discharge plans.
French, Turkish, English