P Piero Dell'Anno
Accredited Psychotherapist in London
Thank you for visiting my page. I am a clinical psychotherapist and I specialize, amongst others, in couple therapy, trauma therapy with individuals and couples. I work in English, Italian and French.
About P Piero
I believe we are born with an innate tendency to achieve what is best for us, given the freedom to choose. During our life, this innate ability can be weakened by a lack of support within relationships and our wider environment. As a psychotherapist, I enable clients to better connect with what they are experiencing in the here and now, so as to work towards a point where they are able, once again, to choose freely in their lives.
This applies to many experiences in life, including problems in personal relationships and in the workplace. Difficulty adjusting to external stimuli means we may stop relating harmoniously with our environment, and instead experience dissatisfaction.
This may manifest itself as anxiety, depression, panic attacks, somatization (when psychological distress manifests itself as bodily symptoms), the need to isolate oneself from others, extreme anger or suppression of emotions, body desensitization or hyper-arousal.
I encourage my clients to explore and make connections between the unfinished past and the present, and the impact of the former on the latter. I help clients to become more compassionate towards themselves, and to recognise that patterns of behaviour they adopted in the past were appropriate at that time, given the resources available to them then. It is only later that such behaviour may appear inappropriate and in need of change. Making these connections helps clients to discover for themselves new opportunities and new ways of being, in the present and future.
In my clinical practice, my ethos is to support my clients in a nonjudgmental way, helping them to discover that we can achieve well-being by drawing on our inner resources and those available in the wider environment. A new way of seeing can be the start to a new way of being.
Qualifications And Experience
Lifelong learning is at the core of my clinical practice. Ongoing professional development is, for me, a way of ensuring that my clients continuously benefit from the most advanced findings in research into psychology and psychotherapy.
Clinical practice with the NHS provides an unrivalled opportunity for professional development, as it offers exposure to knowledge and expertise not normally available to a clinician working solely in private practice.
Professionally I am also involved in research, lecturing at university level, leadership coaching and consultancy in organisational wellbeing.
My qualifications and training in clinical psychotherapy and counselling include:
- Registered member of both the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
- Universita' Niccolo Cusano, Rome - School of Psychology: MSc on Rehabilitation and Clinical Psychology (ongoing).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: Why the Vagal System Holds the Key to the Treatment of Trauma (2020)
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: Clinical Applications of Compassion (2019)
- PODS Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors: Working with Relational Trauma -Dealing with Disorganised Attachment (2019)
- PODS Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors: Trauma and the Body Dissociation and Somatisation (2019)
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: How to Work with Clients who Struggle with an Inner Critic (2019).
- Naos Institute: Advanced Diploma in Couple Therapy accredited by Middlesex University (Due July 2019).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: How to Work with Trauma That’s Trapped in the Body (2018).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: How to Foster Post-Traumatic Growth (2018).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: Expert Strategies for Working with Anxiety (2018).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: How to Target Treatment to Help Patients Reclaim Their Lives Aftet Trauma (2017).
- SoundsTrue: The Power of Awareness - Mindfulness Training to Cultivate Clarity, Compassion and Well-being (2017).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: How to Work with Shame (2017).
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioural Medicine: Treating Trauma Master Series (2017).
- Middlesex University and Metanoia Institute: Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy (2017).
- International Institute of Psychopathology and Psychotherapy: The Psychopathological Field Co-created between Client and Therapist: A Relational Perspective (2017).
- Tavistock Couple Relationship: Certificate in Couple Relationship (pending 2017).
- Middlesex University and Metanoia Institute: MSc in Gestalt Psychotherapy (2017).
- The Association of Psychological Therapies UK: Compassion Focus Therapy Essentials (2016).
- Think Psychology: CPD certificate in Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (2016).
- West London Mental Health Trust: Certificate in Perinatal Mental Health Training (2016).
- Emergence UK: Working with Personality Disorder (2016).
- Metanoia Institute: Certificate in Counselling for Depression (2017).
- Metanoia Institute: Certificate of competency in the use of Psychological test (2012-2013).
- Aspic School of Counselling and Psychotherapy: Masters in Integrative Counselling (2012).
- Aspic School of Counselling and Psychotherapy: Attachment and constellations (2013).
- Aspic School of Counselling and Psychotherapy: Diploma in Integrative Counselling (2011).
- University of Rome "La Sapienza, School of Law: BA/MA International Public Law (2000).
I live between England, Italy and Spain hence I currently only see clients online.
I have gained 15 years of experience in people development and organisational well being. I currently work in private practice and I am an associate therapist with Clinical Partners in London.
I have lectured and trained extensively and lately my main area of intervention among others is trauma and how trauma affects the well being of individuals, their lives and relationships. I have attended my mental health training at the re-known Maudsley Hospital in London and for a few years before setting up my private practice I have been part of the NHS in the UK.
Private Pay, Private Insurance, Reimbursement