I believe there is a wild and rewarding healing journey behind the doors that present themselves as crisis and emotional pain. I would be delighted to support you on your path.
I was born in India and spent many formative years in Germany. Having grown up between continents and cultures, my search has always been to integrate worlds - so the rifts within me, too, may be healed. This has taken me on a continual learning path which spans from neuroscience to art, eastern spirituality to western psychotherapy, ancient ritualistic tradition to modern clinical practice.
I believe that psychological health confers the ability to hold our contradictions and multitudes in harmony. I draw on the many resources within me to offer my clients a creative, lively approach to support their healing and thus, integrate the worlds within them.
Crisis is often nothing more than an urgent invitation from the soul to pay attention to long forgotten places.
Identifying, witnessing and being present with these - often painful - places is one part of the long journey towards wholeness.
This journey can, however, be daunting, confusing and just too scary to embark on, alone.
This is why I would love to accompany you on your path: by creating a safe, structured and respectful environment, drawing on my many years of personal and clinical experience, as well as providing you with a wide variety of tools I have picked up on the way: art therapy, body psychotherapy and therapeutic Yoga.
My approach is non-hierarchical, creative and client focused.
I offer my counselling services in Potsdam & at Stillpoint Spaces Berlin - when appropriate, I also work outdoors.
I work both in English and in German, one-to-one and in groups.
* 2019 licensed Hakomi practioner (mindfulness based body psychotherapy)
* 2016: licensed as 'Heilpraktiker für Psychotherapie'
* 2012: MA in Psychodynamic Art Therapy (KH Berlin Weissensee)
* 2008: Certificate in 'Arts become Therapy' (WCCL India)
* 1996-2015: 1000+ hrs of Yoga Teacher Trainings (IYF, 3HO, IYN)
* 1998: MSc in Nutrition, Brain & Behaviour (Roehampton Institute London)
* 2013-present private & clinical therapeutic practice
* 2010-2011 art therapy project for HIV/ AIDS patients in Potsdam
* 2009-2012 art therapy internships at psychosomatic and psychiatric clinics in and around Berlin
* 2008 interdisciplinary Yoga and Art Therapy research project for special needs children in Pondicherry, India
* 2001-2011 Freelance Photography & Graphic Design practice in India and Germany
English, German, Tamil, Hindi