I come from an international background - being half English and half Croatian, having grown up in Malaysia and Thailand, and now living in Austria. This has allowed me to develop a strong inter-cultural awareness, which has defined me as a person in terms of the experiences I have made, the friends I have made, the food I enjoy, and the movies/series/books that I watch/read.
I first earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology at Webster University Vienna in 2018. Afterwards, I decided to move on to study Psychotherapy Science at Sigmund Freud University Vienna, where I am currently completing my Master degree. In 2019, I started my specialisation in psychoanalysis, and am currently a psychoanalyst under supervision.
I have always been interested in psychology because the mechanisms of our minds translate to our perception of the world, i.e. everything we feel, see, and think, as well as the mere awareness of our existence comes from our minds. Psychotherapy (and more specifically, psychoanalysis) became my go-to profession because it allowed me to understand more about myself, i.e. the reason behind patterns in my thoughts and behaviours. This gave me the motivation to guide others to self discovery.
I believe there are hidden reasons and meanings in the ways we think, behave, and feel. Additionally, I believe that the way every person thinks and acts is very specific to them. Therefore, when someone comes seeking therapy, treatment is not about correcting thoughts and behaviours, but rather about understanding them to discover the person’s individual truth.
The aim of our sessions together will be to provide you the space to find what links your thoughts, behaviours, and attitudes together. I normally start with a first interview (which is free of charge) to get to know the general problem you are coming for help with, and to introduce the therapy method I work with, psychoanalysis. Questions to do with your overall hopes for therapy and my professional duties are also clarified. If we agree to work together, the session frequency is established - in psychoanalysis, sessions take place once or more times per week, depending on your needs. Individual sessions last 50 minutes. Sessions for couples last 1 hour 30 minutes.
Where I practice
Qualifications and experience
- BA in psychology from Webster University Vienna.
- Psychoanalytic training by Psychoanalytic Seminar Innsbruck (PSI) at Sigmund Freud University (SFU) Vienna.
- Completing the programme for Masters (Mag.) of Psychotherapy Science at SFU Vienna.
- Psychotherapist in Training under Supervision (Psychoanalyst).
- Assisted two clinical psychologists with group coaching sessions for parents who had trouble raising children, at the institution “Aufmachen” in Vienna.
- Offered support to a fifteen-year-old boy for his computer game addiction in Vienna.
- Volunteered as an “active listener” at the online counselling platform “7Cups”, providing emotional support to people from all over the world.
- Provided psychosocial support to the homeless at the shelter “Caritas Zweite Gruft” in Vienna.
- Worked as an assistant at the Sigmund Freud University Outpatient Clinic in Vienna, processing the registration, testing, and therapy bookings for patients.
- Provided psychosocial support to the homeless at the shelter “Caritas Haus Jaro” in Vienna.
- Working as a psychoanalyst under supervision at The Sigmund Freud University Outpatient Clinic and in private practice in Vienna.