It's Complicated

Can I provide my services to someone who is not located in the country where I'm registered?

Whether you are allowed to provide mental health services to someone who is not located in the same country as you are registered, depends on the specific laws regarding mental health professionals and services in your jurisdiction. We advise you to contact your professional body, training institute or your supervisor to get more information about this. Each practitioner is responsible for informing and practising in line with their local laws. You are also responsible for inquiring into the local laws and regulations in all of the countries in which your clients are located to make sure that your treatment of them is within legal bounds.

The Blog

The Therapy Talk Podcast

With co-founder and clinical psychologist Johanne Schwensen